AWS Developer Associate Training
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Developer Associate course consists of total content and understanding of core services that are provided by AWS and which are needed to further enhance applications that are cloud-based.
Duration: 70 Hours
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Developer Associate course consists of total content and understanding of core services that are provided by AWS and which are needed to further enhance applications that are cloud-based. In this course, you will learn the development, debugging and deployment of aforementioned applications in a practical way. All the practical classes are preceded by theory classes.
AWS Developer Associate course also contains quizzes which are definitely capable of checking your knowledge. In the final phase of the course, you will be ready to take the AWD Developer Associate certificate. Even if you are a trainer, you will be able to assist and guide your students through the services associated with AWS and give them training.
The AWS Developer Associate course is for any individual who is IT-related and has basic to advanced knowledge of how the web applications work. Also, it is a course for those who would like to embark on an application building journey on the cloud.
Topics Covered in AWS Developer Associate
- IAM For Authentication and Authorization of AWS resources
- Application development to run on EC2
- Storage and retrieval of assets in S3
- CloudFront to serve assets in a CDN
- CloudWatch and X-Ray for monitoring application performance
- SNS to send notification
- Kinesis and SQS for application messaging
- AWS Lambda for serverless application
- API development with API Gateway
- Storage of data in DynamoDB and RDS
- Route 53 for DNS management
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Development
- Infrastructure Design for AWS
- Creation of resources with CloudFormation
- Media services for streaming
- Other popular AWS services
Benefits of AWS Developer Associate Training in Nepal
- New course which results in greater career opportunities
- Massive chances of working for bigger companies associated with AWS
- Opportunity to stand out among a crowd, however big, of professionals
- Chance to become one of the few AWS Certified people
Benefits of AWS Developer Associate at Broadway Infosys Nepal
- Chance to learn from experts of AWS
- Totally practical-oriented classes
- Classrooms with each and every required materials present
- Friendly environment to teach as well as learn
Pre-requisites for AWS Developer Associate Training
It is recommended that the learners of this course have the basic knowledge in web application development.
Module 1: Introduction to Cloud Computing and AWS
- Benefits of using AWS over a traditional data center.
- AWS Global Infrastructure.
- SaaS, PaaS and IaaS models
Module 2: Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Elements of IAM
- Security Token Service
- Web Identity Federation
- Active Directory Federation
- Key Management Service (KMS)
- Lab: Create an IAM role with S3 Full Access and DynamoDB Full Access.
Module 3: Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
- Components of EC2
- EC2 Pricing Options
- EC2 Instance Types
- Amazon Elastic Block Storage(EBS)
- EBS Volume Types
- Security Groups
- Volumes and Snapshots
- Elastic File System(EFS)
- Auto Scaling
- Load balancers
- Placement Groups
- EC2 API and Command Line
- Lab: Create an EC2 instance, create an additional 10 GB General Purpose SSD Volume and attach it to the EC2 instance, create an Application Load Balancer and register the newly created EC2 instance.
Module 4: Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)
- Types of Storage
- Components of S3
- Data Consistency Model
- S3 Storage Tiers
- Security and Access Controls
- Cross Origin Resource Sharing(CORS)
- Life Cycle Management
- Cross Origin Replication
- Transfer Acceleration
- Static Web Hosting
- Data Transfer
- S3 API and Command Line
- Lab 1: Create a S3 bucket and Put objects in S3-Infrequent access storage class.
- Lab 2: Create a S3 bucket and upload a simple html file. Enable static web hosting and try to serve the html content with static web hosting.
Combined Lab of Module 2, 3 and 4
- Lab: Create an EC2 instance. Attach the IAM role (created in Module 2) to newly created EC2 instance. Try to access the S3 bucket objects (Created in Module 4) by using S3 CLI commands from inside that EC2 instance.
Module 5: Other Storage Services
- Amazon Glacier
- Storage Gateway
- Snowball Default Cache Behavior Default Cache Behavior
- Snowball Edge
- Lab: Theoretical knowledge is sufficient in this module.
Module 6: Cloud front Distribution [1.5 hours]
- Concepts on Content Delivery Network
- Edge Locations and Caching
- Distribution and Origins
- Default Cache Behavior
- Creating your own Cloud front Distribution
- Lab: Create a web distribution with the origin of the S3 bucket (created in Lab 2 of Module 4). Enable Geo-Restriction by blacklisting
Module 7: Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Networks and Subnets
- Overview of VPC
- Route Tables
- Internet Gateways
- NAT Instances and NAT Gateway
- Network Access Control Lists (NACL)
- VPN Connections
- VPC Peering
- Lab 1: Create a VPC by including such CIDR range which supports exactly 2048 network IP address. Create one public subnet and one private subnet.
- Lab 2: Create a VPC with public and private subnet. Separate them with Internet Gateway and NAT Gateway. Create EC2 Web Servers and Database Servers. Make such configuration, so that EC2 web servers will be inside public subnet and Database servers will be inside private subnet.
Module 8: Cloud Watch
- Overview of Cloud Watch
- Cloud Watch Alarms
- Events and Rules
- CloudWatch Logs
- Cloud Watch Metrics and its components
- CloudWatch Dashboards
Module 9: Simple Notification Service (SNS)
- Components of SNS
- Platform Applications
- Concepts on Fanning Out
- SNS API and Command line
Combined Lab of Module 8 & 9
- Create a Cloudwatch Alarm for an EC2 instance created in Module 2. Create an SNS topic and subscribe your email address. Now, Configure the Cloudwatch Alarm to send an email alert when the CPU utilization is 70% or above.
Module 10: Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS)
- Concepts on Decoupled Applications
- Components of SQS
- Queue Attributes
- Concepts on Long Polling and Short Polling
- Dead Letter Queue
- SQS API and Command Line
Combined Lab of Module 9 & 10
- Create a SQS standard queue. Create a SNS topic. Configure the SQS and SNS so that any messages published to SNS will automatically be added to SQS queue.
Module 11: AWS Lambda
- Serverless and Micro services concepts
- AWS SDK on any programming Language Supported
- Lambda Functions Deployment
- Lambda Triggers and Event Source Mapping
- Environment Variables
- Debugging with Cloud watch Logs
- Monitoring with Cloud watch Metrics
- Step function, X – Ray
- Lab: Write a lambda function to create an S3 bucket in Current region and add a text file from lambda function in that bucket.
Module 12: API Gateway
- Concepts on Rest API’s
- Resources and Methods
- Usage Plans and API keys
- Lambda Integration
Module 13: DynamoDB
- Concepts on NoSQL
- Components of DynamoDB
- Eventual and Strongly Consistent Reads
- Primary Keys and Disk Partition patterns
- DynamoDB Streams
- Provisioned Throughput and its calculations
- Backups and Auto Scaling
- DynamoDB Metrics
- DynamoDB API and Command Line
Combined Lab of Module 11, 12 & 13
- Create a 3 tier web application using S3 for static hosting, DynamoDB for database storage, Lambda for data processing and API Gateway.
Module 14: Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS)
- Concepts on Relational DBMS
- Components of RDS
- Database Engines
- Backups and Snapshots
- Subnet groups
- Parameter groups
- Option groups
- Overview on Elasticache
- Memcached and Redis
Module 15: DNS and Route53
- Concepts on DNS
- Components of Route53
- Routing Policies
- Alias records
- Lab: Go to http://www.dot.tk/ and create a new domain of your choice. Create a new hosted zone in Route53 and point it to the Cloudfront Distribution created in Module 6. When you hit your domain in the browser, it should open the your site created in s3.
Module 16: CI/CD
Module 17: AWS Infrastructure Design
Module 18: Cloud Formation
Module 19: Streaming and Media Services
Module 20: Other AWS Services
Get access to our resources and courses
We will help you in finding the best resources to shape your career.